Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Versatility and Longevity

I came up with the idea, and design for this skirt last night...and then had to make it right then. Then I thought of other things I could do to make it even MORE versatile! Yikes! My brain seems to be in overdrive now that the semester is over!!
This is the Reversible Longevity Bubble Skirt
On one side we have this slightly vintage fabric:
And if you turn it inside out, on the other side we have a more modern fabric:
Two totally different looks, in one fantastic skirt!
The waistband can be folded over to make it shorter, then unfolded to make it longer - which means that it can last MUCH longer than any other skirt. The bottom stretches so that it doesn't impede playing, crawling, walking, running, climbing, or any other thing a little girl might do! Wear it year around - either with just a shirt, or add some leggings or tights and it can be worn in cooler weather too.
I have an idea to make it even MORE versatile...but I think that should be saved for another day - after I make a couple more and perfect how to do the stuff my brain is saying can happen with it. I was just too excited to NOT share this!
P.S. This skirt could fit the same little girl from 9 months all the way up to 2 years - depending on the size of the girl! Awesome, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say...Anything to add?!