(There will be a tutorial for this type of dress, probably after the holidays. Keep a look out!)
I've been slowly but surely whittling down my To-Sew-For-Christmas-List. The latest item(s) I've finished is the Lexi Dress, with a matching hair clip, and dress pin.
I started making this dress a while ago, but haven't had the chance to finish it until now for various reasons. The top part is the remnants of a long-sleeved t-shirt that was my older daughters (that was confiscated for it's Frankenstein stamp stain on the belly). I used the bottom few inches of the shirt for something (but can't remember what a the moment), the sleeves for something (also can't remember for what), and the middle few inches of the shirt for a waist band on a skirt that I will be posting about next time. hehehe Anyone else think the irony of my "frankensteining" out the shirt is funny?
So I had the top of this very nice pretty pink shirt to use. I also had some left overs of a fitted sheet I've used for another dress and of some fabric also from that same dress.
this tutorial to make some myself. On the back of one I glued a safety pin, and then a little piece of felt over it. For the second I used an alligator clip that's covered in grosgrain ribbon and glued it to the back. I love how they turned out!! These are the first ones I made, and the second one is definitely better than the first. They were SUPER quick and ridiculously easy to make. I put a fabric covered button in the middle of each one that I took off of an old shirt forever ago, just to have something pretty and solid in the middle.