Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Paintings, and Jewelry Oh MY!

I adore creating things. If I didn't have my heart set on being a nurse practitioner I'd make creativity my full-time job. Sewing clothing for myself and my children, and other people's children, making baby stuff like carriers, bibs, burp cloths, painting, making necklaces, earrings, bracelets, anklets, crocheting blankets, and clothing, cross stitching, and I'm sure there's more but I can't think of it at the moment. I love being creative as a means of relaxation. And to give things to others that I've made makes me feel better than giving something bought. I'm not positive the other people always like what I make/give... but I enjoy making things with them in mind.

A close-up of a bracelet I made.

Everything I do is basically self-taught. I've looked at what other people have done, and then done my best to figure out how it came about. I would absolutely love to take classes of all kinds. Classes on jewelry making, all different kinds of painting/drawing techniques and forms. Sculpting! That would be a blast!! I've only made a few paintings so far, but I'm definitely enjoying it. As of now I've done 2 tree paintings, and I'm currently working on a third. I've also done one for my middle daughter that's berries and birds,  and another for my youngest that's snails and mushrooms and flowers.


This is a picture that I painted for my middle girl of our family. Obviously it isn't exactly our family - it's a family of birds. But we are all in there, plus one (for a future child we'll either have biologically or adopt). Below is our family for my youngest girl ... but it's snails. Again with a plus one for the future.

I just realized how HUGE my chest looks in this picture. YIKES!
I also painted a t-shirt last night/today. That turned out pretty fun!
 The completed painting(s) I  was working on earlier of a cherry blossom tree. :) I made it for my best friend/sister. And I'm so glad she loves it! :-D I really enjoy the fact that it's broken up. I think it makes it more interesting that way.
The painting in total with all of it's parts together.



The painting as a close-up of the bottom.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! You are soooo talented! LOVE your paintings! What in the world do you need to take classes for??!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to take classes to learn actual techniques. The only things I know about painting is what I learned in elementary school (forever ago!) and what I've learned from watching tv shows that feature painting. But thank you for the confidence!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say...Anything to add?!